Wednesday, December 15, 2010

28 Weeks and Movement

I had my 28 week appt today and there wasn't anything too eventful, although the last few days there was less movement, which I mentioned to the doctor. I wasn't overly concerned, but just felt a little uneasy. Since I am leaving for a few weeks, the Doctor decided it made sense to do a NST (Non Stress Test). Basically they hook you up to a monitor to record the heartbeat for an hour and then they give you this clicker (like you would get if you were a contestant on jeopardy) and every time you feel any movement you press the clicker. Of course, not long after getting hooked up, the stubborn little one started moving around. I still sat there for the whole hour though, and the results came back good. Heartrate ranged from 135-150 during the test and you could both hear and feel a lot of movement (even captured some hiccups).

New developments since the last pregnancy post:
Felt some kicks all the way in my ribs at times, but most activity still down low.
Just this past week have started feeling what I think are hiccups, too crazy!
Able to see my stomach actually moving when I get kicked, punched, etc.

Getting told daily now congrats, so I am clearly showing and most strangers, co-workers, etc. think it is a boy "because of how I am carrying"

Clutzy/pregnancy brain: I know I am blond but definitely finding things like drinking without dribbling on my chain hard... and finding that my belly is a good catchall for whatever food may miss my mouth.... yeah really attractive.

Milestone: Belly is sticking out slightly more than my boobs, which are still growing by the way, but I can still see my feet! Up about 20 pounds, which is supposedly on track. Baby is about 2.5 pounds and 15 inches long.

2 comments:

  1. Yay, baby! I'm sorry you felt a bit of a scare, but it sounds like the bun is baking in a quite perfect way.

    And don't worry, I have pregnancy brain (and inability to drink water)... and I'm not even pregnant! Shudder to think what I'll be like when it's my turn.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you are pregnant ! haha!! WHERE is the UPDATED cute BABY BELLY PIC???~~

    And I can't WAIT until it's your turn, Bethie! You'll be a very cute preggo, just like Reebs!

    :) love you!

    ReplyDelete