
Well, we are eight months and the fun continues. Each day begins a new phase that I love more and more. Elena went from “almost” crawling to army crawling almost overnight. Although, to be fair it really resembles much more of a wounded soldier crawl, but it works for her. It has also made everything more interesting as she can now channel her inner explorer… and so far her most interesting finds to explore are, the door stoppers, the curtains and of course the entertainment center. Nevermind all the toys she has, she always seems to go where she isn’t meant to be, but she is so cute doing it.
… which also means at some point she is going to learn the meaning of “no” and her mom is going to learn to say it without a smile on her face or a laugh in her voice.
Her exploring by crawling around is also soon to equate to cruising on furniture. She can stand up and hang on to things, although she can't get down from standing and can't pull herself up to standing, so she is a bit of a lame duck once she gets in a standing position, but like everything else, she seems to enjoy it.
WIth the crawling and standing she is loving exploring the world around her and this is also so clear with how she interacts with the world around her, she is exploring every object she encounters by either shaking it, banging it or throwing it. I really must say that she has quite an arm (and of course her dad is already deeming her an athlete). And of course, her favorite activity is mom/dad peekaboo… or even better mom/dad go find whatever it is I just dropped/threw so I can do it again… 10 times.
Her eight month also brought on her first Halloween. I was a little worried that she might be freaked out by all the costumes, but she enjoyed seeing all the kids and really loved it. It definitely made me look forward to next year when she will be able to walk around and maybe even say “trick or treat”. This year though I was happy to settle with laughing with her as she rolled around and tried to sit/stand in her bottom heavy ladybug costume.
Her personality is as vibrant and hilarious as ever. She really is a ham and I feel like sometimes she is performing for me. Even when she is in new settings, such as swim class and Gymboree, she jumps right in, crawls up to everyone and has a big smile plastered on her face. I gotta admit, it works for her. It is hard to say no to that face.
On the language front, she still babbles all the time and I really knew what she was saying to me because she is clearly having a conversation. She has taken matters into her own hands though and has started waving, so at least we have hi and goodbye covered. Although, she isn’t too crazy about goodbye and is so perceptive that she now picks up on when I put my shoes on or coat on that it is time to leave, and isn’t too happy about that. Thankfully, her happy temperament typically overcomes any whining, but she does at times of course have a preference for her mom, especially after I am at work for a day. It never gets old walking in to pick her up and seeing that huge smile spread across her face.
On another front, I really need to get better about posting more than once a month. I will work on that, maybe for New Years, LOL.
Her wave is so cute!!
ReplyDeletexoxox
oh my gosh, Elena is soooo big! I love these pictures and I love her! Of course I love you too! It's so amazing to watch how far they come in such a short time! She'll be running around in no time! Watch out!! :) I miss you!
ReplyDelete