And here we are. Our precious baby girl that completed our family has gone through all the milestones, has walked and is talking and continues to bring laughter and fun into our family. It is hard to believe how fast the last two years have gone and I am daily reminded of what a gift Hannah is to our lives.
She embraces each day with a smile and a laugh, pushes the boundaries as she enters the "twos" and is fiercely independent. Some of her latest phrases in going through our daily life include things like "myself" and "Hannah's turn". I hope this independence and persistence continues to help her as she gets older.
As we did from the day she was born, we continue to laugh at all of the funny things that Hannah does and says. I truly wonder where she gets things from sometimes. Her face is so animated it is not hard to tell what she is thinking or feeling and her delivery of her jokes keeps us snickering as she shrugs her shoulders, crosses her arms and raises her hands up in desperation.
Some of the latest funny moments from Hannah have been:
Hannah spilled her goldfish all over the floor. Her Dad asked her, "Hannah what do we do when we drop food off the floor?" Expecting a response along the lines of, "we clean up" or "pick it up", he was surprised when Hannah said "We eat it!" No doubt a result of her sister playing with her and pretending she is the family pet.
Speaking of dogs, Hannah continues to have a love of animals and lights up whenever they are near. I truly think she thinks that one of the neighborhood dogs is our dogs, and she loves chasing after her. When she sees an animal that she likes, she will look at it and point, then say "lap". It's as if she wants to cuddle with every dog, bird, squirrel, etc. that we come into contact with.
She wakes up happy and goes to bed happy. As evidenced through a recent bedtime routine. After her grandma had put her to bed, she realized that she hadn't fixed the camera on Hannah's monitor so she tiptoed back in. As Hannah was not yet awake, she asked grandma "what you doing." Grandma quietly explained that she was just fixing the monitor and Hannah should go back to sleep. Without missing a beat Hannah said "CHEESE" and smiled for the monitor aka camera.
On another night she had me in stitches as we were out of town and I was trying to get her to go to sleep so I was cuddling with her. She was very excited about the treat of snuggling before bed and was a bit wound up as a result. As I was trying to calm her down I asked her to close her eyes, and rather than closing her eyes, she covered them up with her hands and she said "Ok MOMMY, I sleeping"
She is still a great eater and her adventures in food mimic her approach to live, trying all new things that come her way. At the playground, she is swinging on swings by herself, climbing and already trying the monkey bars. I have a feeling we will always be chasing after her.
We haven't gotten hit too hard with the "terrible two's" but Hannah does have her moments. It is hard not to crack a smile when she crosses her arms and sticks her lower lip out. Sometimes when she gets frustrated she will hide in the corner even. This quickly turns into her being silly by doing things like putting her blanket on her head and walking out of the corner or spinning in circles to make herself dizzy.
If she's not laughing then you might just find her singing, as it's one of her favorite things lately. At night she loves when I sing "Old McDonald had a Farm" and she runs through that during the day as well. (Although if I sing along or dance to much, she tends to yell, STOP! Apparently I am embarrassing her already) She already knows her ABCs, twinkle twinkle and a number of other songs. She also counts to ten.
I can't wait to see what she learns next. Here is on to the next year!

No comments:
Post a Comment