I am excited to move on to the next phase and to start to actually look pregnant, instead of looking like I am growing this baby in my boobs. I am also so very excited to start to feel the baby move and really start to have more of a connection to what is inside me.
So far, the pregnancy has been great and my symptoms haven't been too bad. Since I have been sparsely blogging, but keeping a private "old school" journal, I thought I would share some of my experiences to date:
June 11th - We are pregnant... and I have no idea. Looking back, I am so glad I listened to my doctor and didn't run the half marathon that weekend.
June 19th - 3 weeks pregnant, clueless and symptom free
June 26th - 4 weeks pregnant, saying goodbye to pre-pregnancy life with a bang, full of glasses of wine, sushi and a spa day (of course, I was concerned when we just found out, but my doctor assured me that since the little embryo hadn't implanted yet, it was all ok!)
5/6 weeks pregnant - started to feel very tired and definitely on pins and needles before the first appointment, other than overall fatigue (and C cups, LOL) I didn't really feel any different. I did start having some weird food/smell aversions (spicy foods especially). Also had some lightheadedness, which was a bit scary, but nothing major.
7 weeks pregnant - Very relieved after having our 6.5 week appointment, hearing the heartbeat and getting a due date, they had me come in early because of all of my earlier "issues", by 7 weeks pregnant I am feeling bloated, like I have a "food baby" by the end of the day, but maybe it was just overindulging in food, since it subsided after that weekend. Although the increased hunger definitely didn't go away!
8 weeks pregnant - have my one and only full fledged experience with morning sickness, and don't really move from the couch all day on Saturday. Thankfully, other than some queasiness now and then, that was all I felt in the first trimester. (knock on wood that it continues that way)
9/10 weeks pregnant - Feeling excited to have seen the baby again, starting to share the news is exciting! No weight gain yet and still fitting into clothes.
11/12 weeks pregnant - No nausea or food aversions, beginning to get nervous, but First Trimester ultrasound goes great, results are all positive, so feeling pretty good. Gained two pounds so far, and still fitting into clothes. Chris tells his whole family at a wedding and I tell a few friends. Still trying to hold out to 14/15 weeks to tell my side of the family. We purchased our first baby items - a Red Sox and a Bucky Badger onesie.
13 weeks pregnant - Still feeling well and wishing I had a baby bump. Thinking I probably need to go maternity clothes shopping at some point, but definitely putting it off.
13 and half weeks pregnant - Officially moving into the second trimester... and on the quest for a bump... do you see anything?
14 weeks pregnant - coming soon - September 4 -
What am I looking forward to? Getting a bump and actually looking pregnant, feeling the baby move (and getting my hair highlighted... is that bad?)
What will I miss? The newness of being pregnant and having the pregnancy as our little "secret" (although there are still a lot of people that don't know, we are waiting a little longer to "go public")
It's a Becca bump! The downside of being a skinny minnie such as yourself is that first you start looking like the rest of us mere mortals (minus the C cups, mind you), THEN you start looking pregnant. Sorry girl, but people aren't going to give up their seat on the train for another couple of weeks... unless they think your rockin' (new) curves need a rest! xoxoxox
ReplyDelete