Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Spinach Strawberry Salad

By popular request

One large baf of spinach (or two small bags)
One package of fresh strawberries

Dressing:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp each of dry mustard, tarragon and sweet basil
2 tbsp parsley

Wash spinach, slice strawberries, set in bowl/aside
Mix together ingredients for the dressing
Right before serving mix in dressing (I typically only use 1/2 to 2/3 of the dressing)

I also slightly brown sliced almonds and top those on the salad (and sometimes throw on dried cranberries). My mom uses a tsp of poppyseeds as well, but I skip that because I don't like them getting stuck in my teeth, LOL

2 comments:

  1. SO SO SO delicious!! Great seeing you this weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. scrumptious! I'm going to try the dressing on top of a pasta salad for this weekend's family party -- grape tomatoes, lil mozzarella balls, cooked pasta, red wine vinaigrette, tossed over baby spinach leaves so that they wilt...mmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete