Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Two Months!



I really truly can't believe how fast the time is flying. Elena is two months old and is growing and changing every second. I feel like every time I look at her, I notice something new or she does something different. Now, that could also be because I am neurotic that I notice all of this, but I am going to go with that it is totally normal and enjoyable.

Lately Elena has been working on tummy time, is tracking objects (and me as I walk in and out of a room) and is also getting a lot better with her neck control. She is making a lot of "talking" noises and smiles super easily. I swear she thinks she is having a conversation with me:



She also likes to blow bubbles, which is pretty funny, hard to capture, but a lot of my photos have the aftermath...



We had her two month appointment this week and she weighed in at 11 lbs and 9 oz (50-75 percentile) and is 23.75 inches long (90-95 percentile). So far she seems to be getting her height and her long legs from her dad, that is for sure! She did have some dry skin so the doctor recommended putting 0.5% hydrocortisone cream on a couple of dry patches. Worked wonders! I also have switched to Cetaphil wash and cream for her bath time, and I feel like it has really helped her baby acne and other skin issues. Most of her baby hair has fallen out (except for an old man receding hairline patch on the back of her head). She is getting some new hair growing in, which seems pretty light blond, but we shall see. Her eyes are still that gorgeous blue, and I really hope they stay that way! She got her shots as well, which she screamed like I never heard her scream before! As soon as they were given I nursed her and that calmed her down right away. I noticed some increased fussiness the next day and felt like she was warmer, but she didn't have a fever. Two days later she no longer seems out of sorts and is back to her normal smiley and talkative self.

Getting her to take a bottle from her dad is still a struggle. She seems to take it fine from me and from my mom, but isn't very happy with him when he tries to give her a bottle. She will typically take about 1 oz and then start crying, and take another oz or two, so not too bad, but I know it really bugs her dad. I am sure the two of them will figure it out. I haven't let it hold me back though and am trying to get out twice a week just myself to do stuff. So far have gone out to dinner and for drinks a few times. Now, I have only been gone for 2 hours, but still it is progress. Haven't made it to the gym yet, since I would rather go drink/eat with my spare time, LOL, but have been working out during some of Elena's nap times.

Elena's naps have been getting a bit better. She had been in a habit of only napping well when we went for a walk or a drive, or of course if I held her. The last few days I have been able to get her to take some good naps in her swing though, so that is some progress. We are going to be removing the napper from her pack n play that she sleeps in so that she will get used to the flat surface before we try and transition her from our room to her crib in her own room. She has been sleeping 8-9 hours straight at night so hopefully by changing things up we won't screw with her sleep cycles too much. Fingers crossed for a smooth transition. I am imagining once we move her into the nursery it will be harder on me than on Elena. I am sure I will strain to hear the monitor most of the night, which is ridiculous since we share a wall with her nursery and I am sure I will here her when she cries!

I am trying to ignore the fact that my maternity leave is going to come to an end at some point and that I am going to have to go back to work. The thought of it really stresses me out, especially with Elena not taking the bottle all that well, and definitely being attached to her mommy. I am also having to go through the whole process of finding a nanny. Thankfully, we have found a great family to do the nanny share with and they have a wonderful nursery and playroom (HUGE!) that I know Elena and her new friend will enjoy. It will be nice to have two of them at the same age so they get that interaction, but I am going to have to work hard not to compare (the other little girl is already lifting her head and doing a push up, which is like a 4 month skill!) I know Elena will get there too ;)

It is overwhelming at times the amount of responsibility, worry and everything that I feel like I go through. She is only two months, but I want so much for her as she grows and there are so many things I want to teach her. I have to remind myself to just take things one step at a time and that as long as she is loved and cared for she will continue to be fantastic. I try not to get too caught up on all the ages and stages to come and how I am going to parent and love her so she grows up to be as perfect as she is now. I need to remember to just savor each moment and trust that I am doing the right things. I just love her so much!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute!! I love hearing her cooing in the background on the phone... she really wants to be part of the conversation! xoxox Beth

    ReplyDelete