I feel like overnight my baby is emerging as a toddler, in the last two weeks she has gone from army crawling, to crawling on all fours, getting into the sitting position from her stomach, pulling up on things, pushing herself around in her walker, standing and starting to cruise. Where is my little baby girl?!?!?
In all seriousness, it is truly awesome to watch Elena grow, learn and interact with the world around her. I am sure that every parent thinks this, but she is seriously so smart. There are so many things that she does, that she just picks up from watching me. From clapping to grasping objects to feeding herself, she continues to amaze me. She is clearly learning cause and effect, continues to love playing peak a boo, and I can't get away with hiding any thing from her once she sees it!
With all these changes also have come changes in diet, I am now down to nursing her twice a day and we supplement with two formula bottles. Elena didn't seem to care about the change and, in fact, I think really likes being able to look around and hold the bottle herself. We have also continued to introduce foods and have started with more and more finger foods. Elena loves acting like a big girl and feeding herself toast, puffs, waffles, banana and avocado. I can see how proud she is of herself when she feeds herself, and truthfully, I am so proud of her too.
Every day Elena teaches me something new and I see a new side of her. She continues to be a comedian and I swear that she tries to make me laugh. As she experiments with toys, the sounds she can make and the faces she has, she looks to me for my reaction. I spend as much time as I can laughing with her, I swear a baby's laugh is the best sound in the world. Elena is also very determined, once she sets her mind on something, she does it. I can see a bit of myself in her in that way and I hope that her persistence continues, but that she continues to laugh and to be so light hearted about things. Her temperament continues to be so wonderful and she is so great to be around. I am so thankful that she is such a great baby and that we have been so lucky.
As we transition into this next stage I am struck with a sense of happiness at the emerging personality and awed by every new discovery and milestone, I am saddened by the newborn days that are far in our rearview mirror, I am frightened by the new challenges ahead and I am excited for the new adventures ahead. I know that there are new parenting challenges ahead and with Elena on the move and starting to test her limits - I feel like now the real mamahood begins...
Ha, I loved it when she tried to eat the WHOLE banana by herself!
ReplyDeleteI just can't believe how big she is....time really flies! You continue to amaze me as a wonderful amazing mama. Love!
ReplyDelete