Sunday, January 29, 2012

Impromptu Recipe

There's something about Whole Foods, on a Saturday, when there are samples.
It is magical, it is addicting, it is time consuming.
So much so that my mom, brother, Elena and I spent about an hour in there on a Saturday.
It was a great time full of palate pleasing delights as well as inspirations.

I am not sure if it was the wonderful charismatic Italian that was whipping up the samples for us to taste, the brightly colored tomato cans, or the cheap cod that was on sale... but we were all hooked.

One of many purchases of that day:




Whole cherry tomatoes from Italy, which were absolutely amazing, contributed the cornerstone to this dish for the cod, with a light sauce, great for dipping:

Now there wasn't really a recipe, so I tried to piece it together.

1/4 cup olive oil
1 lb cod
1/4 cup fresh italian parsley (chopped)
2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
1/4 cup kalamata olives
1 tbsp capers
3 garlic cloves (minced)
1/4 cup white wine

1 Heat olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat, add garlic
2 Add tomatoes, capers and olives; sauté until tomatoes are soft and juicy, about 2 minutes
3 Add white wine to the skillet
4 Add fish to the skillet (continue to saute until fish is opaque in the center, 2-3 min per side)
5 Add parsley to the skillet, 1 min
6 Season sauce with salt and pepper; serve

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. So, how was it? I'm not a huge cod person...so I need a review! Where are the fish pics? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fish was really good, it was delicious and we totally ate it before I even thought to snap a pic ;)

      Delete