Happy Ten Months my dear little girl,
So hard to believe that we will be celebrating your first birthday in a few months. And even harder to imagine that you have quickly become my little girl rather than my little baby. I am so proud of how fast you have taken on each milestone in your short life, growing and changing and marching right along. You are the light of my life and bring so much happiness to everyone around you. As you go out and start asserting your independence and explore the world, I am reminded more and more of how precious each moment with you is. I so want to wrap you up in a bubble of love comfort and protection, but see you already breaking out and looking ready to conquer the world. I hope that I can keep you safe and keep up with you in the process. There are so many wonderful things out there and I already know you are going to have an impact on the world around you. I want so much for you and love you so very much.
This month was full of further exploration, independence and laughter. As each day goes by, I see you taking in more and more of the world, embracing new experiences and learning from them. You've moved on from just having baby food and are full into eating off of my plate, frequently open to anything new, as long as mama eats it first. You are walking so well right now, cruising along furniture and walking around while only needing to hold onto my one hand. I think that any day now you will let go and take your first steps, most likely running before walking.
You clearly are understanding what I am saying, following simple commands, responding to your name and associating words with the world around you. I am not sure, as it is so hard to tell, but I think you have a few words, mama, dada, duck or dog (not sure which), ball or blanket (not sure which), hi, and yeah... although that seems like a lot, so maybe I am just hearing the words. Either way, you are a non stop chatter box, interacting with me, conversing with me and I am sure telling me so much. I can't wait until I can understand what you are saying and I am sure that you will continue to be a talkative little girl.
The nine to ten month transition has been a very playful time and you are very interactive and really starting to play. From passing and/or kicking the ball back and forth, playing peek a boo, hugging your pets, splashing in the bath and more, you are clearly having a blast and it is so much fun playing with you.
Lots of firsts this month, as everything in your first year of life is. First Christmas - complete with tearing open presents, playing with boxes and seeing relatives. It was so much more fun and complete celebrating the holidays with a little one, and I know we have only just begun. We also took our first trip/flight out to Boston, you were absolutely amazing on the plane. You loved watching all of the people on the plane, enjoyed playing peekaboo with the people in the row behind you and weren't bothered at all by the takeoff and landing. You also got your very first tooth to mark your ten month birthday - the bottom right. It didn't seem to bother you too much, until 3:30 am in the morning, needless to say, I am expecting a few interrupted nights of sleep as your teeth are now starting to come in. No matter what the night holds, you greet me the next day with a huge smile on your face, either standing at the crib with your arms outstretched, or sitting down waving your hand at me as I enter.
I can't wait to see what next month holds in store... maybe some first steps?!?!
what a sweetie! I just love watching and reading about how Elena is growing and changing and with it, so is her mama! You are an amazing mama and friend and I cherish time spent together!!
ReplyDeleteAw, all her baby chub is going away and soon she'll be a toddler! I can't believe it!
ReplyDelete