Thursday, June 28, 2012

After 13 comes 14 and then 15 and then...


The months go by and no post is in site.


I don't know how it happened, but Elena's 15 month appointment came and went and we are fast approaching 16 months, so I figured I needed to do an update, if for nothing else then to stop and take a moment to reflect at where we are now.


Her stats from her 15 month appt were: 21 lbs 3 oz and 31 inches.


Hopefully, pics will follow soon, but in the meantime, on to the world of Elena -

I am absolutely loving this age with Elena, she continues to amaze me with how much she is grasping in the world and constantly brings joy and laughter into our lives. Some of her latest and greatest achievements include:


Talking, and talking and talking - I know I can only understand a few of her words, but she is over 20 words now I think and she is already string some phrases together such as "what's this", "bye dada" and "help please" although it sounds like "eh peas" but I think you get the drift. Other words include, ball, dog, duck, shoes, tea, mama, papa, nana, andpa (grandpa), andma (grandma), teeth, cheese, baby, no, yeah, uh oh, hi, bye (which she drawls out and says bye-eee), etc. I guess according to the pediatrician you only need three at this point, so we definitely have a talker on our hands.


Imagination - Elena is fully into the imaginative play, I got her a doll and pulled out the tea set she got for her birthday and she is in heaven. She loves to pour the "teeee" out and serve it to everyone, even those that she skypes with. It is also amazing to me how much she has taken to the doll, laying it down for a nap, bringing it a blanket, feeding it, etc. Thankfully, she is also into fort building so there may be some tom girl in her after all ;)


Hide and Seek - One of her favorite games right now is hide and seek, she loves to disappear behind the shower curtain, our bedroom curtains or in her closet and squeels in delight when we finally find her.


Seeing her participate in dialogue, conversation and picking up on things has been amazing as well. The other day when her Uncle Mike and Grandpa were over she was eating dinner. She did a great job of eating out of her applesauce/veggie pouch (without squirting it everywhere) and even screwed the cap back on. When she screwed the cap back on, Grandpa was impressed and clapped and smiled. Fast forward to later in the dinner when she drops the cap on the floor and her Uncle Mike picks it up and screws it on for her... she starts clapping for him. It was classic. (although I probably am not describing it well)


Her sense of humor continues to thrive and it is so wonderful to see how much joy and warmth she brings out into people that we meet. Whether we are at the park, on a walk or at a store, she seems to greet everyone with a smile and a "hi" and then as we walk away says "bye" and waves. She has become quite the regular at Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts and the employees so look forward to her visit, pampering her with exclusive behind the counter tours and free treats. She has also gotten quite friendly with a few boys at the park, walking right about to them and giving them a big hug and sometimes a kiss on the lips - I haven't worked up to telling her dad yet as he might ban her from boys at the ripe old age of 15 months.


That's all for now, I will try and post pics soon!


2 comments:

  1. Her clapping for Uncle Mike is cracking me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the post...now why in the WORLD were you posting at 4:34 am?!?!?! I love you!

    ReplyDelete