Thursday, February 21, 2013

Little Things

As Elena's second birthday is approaching, I am thinking of all of the memories and big moments and so many of those are "firsts" - first smile, first step, first word, etc. But so much of what makes up Elena, both as an infant, and now are the little things. Those moments that I want to hold on to forever, those moments and little things, that when combined make Elena.

With the schedules, chaos and business of everyday life, I am trying to hold on to those small moments, those things that make Elena who she is, and it is those little things that years from now, I hope to never forget.

Some of the latest little things include:

One of her favorite responses to questions varying from if she is hungry to if she wants to go to the bathroom is "I'm fine"

Grabbing clothes off the rack at a store, heading to the changing room, and motioning for me to follow, saying "change now mama"

Nothing gets her giggling like running around naked, and it is even funnier to her if she can "show dada" and get a major reaction from him

Pulling on my hand until I play ring around the rosie with her

Hearing her refer to herself in the third person - such as "Elena silly" or "Elena fall down"

Seeing the determination in her eyes as she says "I'm gonna do this", no matter how hard the task at hand may be - I hope that same determination stays with her through the years

The small little curls at the base of her neck and the way she likes to show off "my hair"

No comments:

Post a Comment