Monday, May 27, 2013

On Being Two...


Time and time again, I find myself in awe of all the changes and how fast time is flying by us. Elena's two year old birthday was definitely one of those moments, and in the past few weeks that have followed I have seen her in full on toddler mode. She has made so many changes since her first birthday that I am truly in awe. From tentative steps of a new walker, to a sprinting toddler who can barely move fast enough to keep up with where she wants to go, it is definitely a wild ride.

She continues to be so full of personality, always keeping me on my toes and making me laugh. I find we do a lot of that these days. From her witty phrases "Elena's so silly", to her independence "Mama I do it" and everything in between it is truly awesome. I am so impressed and proud of not only her verbal skills, but how easy the potty training was and how she continues to do so well (dry through nap times and most night times).

I have also just seen her imagination come alive. She loves cooking in her kitchen and then her favorite thing is to feed everyone. From tea parties, to impromptu snacks, she is developing into quite the hostess. She is also a great little mama, taking care of her babies and putting them down for naps, changing them, and rocking them. I am loving seeing that nurturing side of her and know that someday she will be a wonderful big sister (and if her names for her babies "my sister" are any indication, we may be blessed to have two girls, LOL)

From a milestone perspective, so far Elena is:
Potty trained
Speaking in full on sentences (all the time)
Up to more words than I can count/keep track of
Recognizing colors
Counting to 20 (although I don't think she gets the whole concept yet)

Some of her favorite things these days are:
Playing / make believe
Swings/slides
Running
Coloring
Pretending any remote/phone etc. is hers and having conversations with her "friends"
And the list goes on

The laughter and smiles are constant, and every day I see the joy she brings to ours, and others lives and am thankful.


1 comment:

  1. oh two. she is so big! adorable picture! love you, elena!

    ReplyDelete