Monday, June 3, 2013

Another Transition

Today we embarked on another transition, one that Elena took with her typical approach - a smile on her face and attitude/determination in her step. Today was the day that I had for so long been anxiously waiting for - her first day at her new school. For months I have second guessed myself as to if I am making the right decision. Thankfully, Elena took it easy on me and took her first day in stride. As we walked in she remembered the school from our previous orientation visits and walked right up to her teacher and gave her a hug. As I explained that I was leaving she clung a little tighter, but reportedly soon met her new friends and enjoyed the day. I know this week will have its ups and downs, but at least now I am breathing a little easier and feeling better about the next transition in our life.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment