I feel like the month of May has been this huge period of change and growth for Elena. I don't know what happened, but I truly feel like she went from 2 to 4 overnight. She soaks up everything I say and do and doesn't miss a thing. I can't get anything past her and every day she amazes me. We've been calling her "the parrot".
The best way to pick up on all these changes is to spend a day with her, where things like the following happens -
When talking to Chris (who just landed at the airport) and hearing me say "I will see you soon" - Elena looks up at me and says "Is Dad taking a taxi home?"
Ah, seriously.
Apparently I use my keys to open packages or mail or something, because this weekend as I hosted a bridal shower (and Elena helped) - the bride came across a package that had tape on it and she looked at me "Mama where are your keys?" to which I asked why she needed them and she responded " To open Erin's present"
Duh mom
Not only is she picking out her own clothes (her favorite is to mix patterns or where her winter ugg-like boots with shorts) but she is also dressing herself.
Potty training has taken on a whole new sense of freedom for her (and me) as she now runs to the bathroom and goes potty all by herself. (and on that note she is also staying dry through nap time and night time).
And I continue to see the care taker in her as she plays for so long all by herself either taking care of her "sister babies" or whatever other toy has caught her attention. I love the independence that she is showing and it is certainly making my life easier.
I can't wait to see what the rest of the summer holds, but feel like she is really growing so fast these days and I try to enjoy the small moments in life.
The best way to pick up on all these changes is to spend a day with her, where things like the following happens -
When talking to Chris (who just landed at the airport) and hearing me say "I will see you soon" - Elena looks up at me and says "Is Dad taking a taxi home?"
Ah, seriously.
Apparently I use my keys to open packages or mail or something, because this weekend as I hosted a bridal shower (and Elena helped) - the bride came across a package that had tape on it and she looked at me "Mama where are your keys?" to which I asked why she needed them and she responded " To open Erin's present"
Duh mom
Not only is she picking out her own clothes (her favorite is to mix patterns or where her winter ugg-like boots with shorts) but she is also dressing herself.
Potty training has taken on a whole new sense of freedom for her (and me) as she now runs to the bathroom and goes potty all by herself. (and on that note she is also staying dry through nap time and night time).
And I continue to see the care taker in her as she plays for so long all by herself either taking care of her "sister babies" or whatever other toy has caught her attention. I love the independence that she is showing and it is certainly making my life easier.
I can't wait to see what the rest of the summer holds, but feel like she is really growing so fast these days and I try to enjoy the small moments in life.
I love the camera picture! Just like Mom! xoxox Beth
ReplyDelete