We are well on our way through two and so far I must tell you - we are laughing and smiling through it. Each day I see more and more of Elena come out. I must say she has some hilarious moments, and always keeps smiling.
Some latest things -
Upon Chris, who had been struggling to pull out of a parking spot, Elena said
"I'm so proud of you"
Hopefully some of my habits are rubbing off on her because while at her Grandma's she spent hours playing with some elastic bands and "exercising" of course all of her stuffed animal friends needed a workout too - it was a good workout for everyone.
It seems like everything lately is accompanied with a song or dance:
We brush our teeth to a song (thanks Raffi)
She makes up songs in the car
Latest has been her singing, "do a funky dance" over and over, not sure where she got that one from but it was hilarious
She is loving the cot that she has to use at school and insists on lugging it everywhere and washing it and always want to check in on it over the weekend to make sure it was still there
I think a lot of her school activities have been rubbing off on her - just in the last week:
She lined all of her toys up and asked them to list off their names
Held out my belt for me and insisted that I hold onto it so we could go for a walk around the houses (when they walk around at daycare they all hold onto a rope so they can keep track of them)
She told her baby to "turn off her tears" when she was "crying"
Telling her friends (and her mom) to "keep her hands in her own lap"
Putting all of her friends in a circle and then asking me to read a book for "circle time"
So good to see some fun habits forming
She is still loving on her babies all the time - calling them baby sister most frequently and making sure she tells them where we are going when we leave the house.
These days you really have to be careful because she is picking up (and many times later on repeating) everything you say and do - for that we have been calling her a "parrot" lately.
Finally, I never thought my 2 year old would be a self confidence booster - but in the last few weeks I have been told I was a cool mom, pretty and so fun... never had better feedback in my life.
Off to laugh some more...



Love hearing the stories of such a cutie. She is growing up too fast. What a wonder. And what a good mama.
ReplyDelete