Friday, December 20, 2013

24 Weeks - Baby #2

Well, it's official, we went in for a second ultrasound and it is still looking like a girl!
I can't wait to see what hijinx lie in the future for my two girls.

Baby #2 (or Elmo as Elena has started calling her) is breech, but I am hopeful that it is still early and trying not to worry about it too much.

So far this pregnancy has flown by, and other than my anxiety level and stress that I am not doing the right things the second time around (between a traveling husband, a toddler and a chaotic work schedule) things seem to be going great.

So far I have gained about 10 pounds, and baby is looking good. She is measuring a few days small, but we are just keeping an eye on it.

After having a bit of morning sickness in first trimester, second trimester has been pretty smooth, other than some heartburn. I started showing at around 21 weeks or so and now at 24 am into pregnancy clothes - so it is official ;)

I started feeling her kick around 20 weeks, and Elena has even felt her kick most recently. Just today while we were snuggling and reading a story, Elena got a little bit of a kick as well - her response "what is she doing in there??!?"

You wait Elena, just you wait.

 

1 comment:

  1. So excited for you as you get closer and closer to your due date! Elena will be such a great big sis! Two girls around! Watch out!! :) Wait, I'm going to have two boys…I better watch out more for the time being! ;)

    ReplyDelete