Sunday, January 25, 2015

Nine months - Lots of activity

So much going on this month!

We celebrated Hannah's first Christmas this month and she absolutely loved it. She had so much fun tearing off the wrapping paper, opening up boxes and pulling up/exploring everything. It was so fun to see her interest in the day, the lights and the color and of course to see all the fun she had with her big sister. I am so looking forward to all of the amazing Christmas memories to come over the years.

We also had another first this month with Hannah, her first trip to the ER/hospital. Admittedly, this is one that I wish we had waited a long time for, but in retrospect she is ok, and that is all that matters. Hannah had a bit of a stomach bug and was having a hard time keeping anything down and everything was going straight through her. After having a tough Saturday, I decided to put her to bed early to let her rest and recover. The next morning at 8 am she still hadn't awoken. (I of course had checked on her multiple times). I rubbed her back to wake her gently, and she opened her eyes. But she didn't move. I picked her up and she just snuggled into me and acted like she wanted to go back to sleep. My mama radar was up and I knew something was not right. After talking to the pediatrician and her not keeping anything else down/perking up - we all headed down to Lurie's Childrens Hospital. Thankfully, there was no one in the waiting room, so we got brought in immediately. They took her vitals and immediately were concerned about deyhdration. Unfortunately, it took them three times (and me kicking the first iv team out of the room and demanding someone from the NICU) to get the IV on but once that was in, she was a little more awake. She still wasn't perking up as much as they wanted and hadn't had a wet diaper so we were admitted for the night. Shortly after being admitted, she began to perk up and had a wet diaper. She seemed a little better, but it was still probably the best to stay the night. By the next morning, she was ready to go (as was I).

Hannah is so on the move this month, she is a confident cruiser and also trying to do some independent walking.  All she wants to do all day long is hold onto our hands and walk. She is definitely not quite ready to walk and doesn't have the full balance, but does love to take a few "steps" which can best be described as a fall/walk/run. Every time, I see her life flash before my eyes as she barely catches onto whatever block, couch, table etc. she was trying to reach. It will be nice when she is a little more steady on her feet and I have a feeling it won't be long.

She is also working on talking, she has some words but they aren't quite associated yet, but we are getting there. Frequent ones are mama, dada, nom nom (food) and oon (baloon). Her funny personality continues to shine through and she is having a blast making raspberries and doing all sort of goofy stuff. The pediatrician sized her up at her 9 month appointment by saying "she's quite a character isn't she?" as she was getting examined. Lately her hair is mimicking her personality, it is out of control and it seems like the only hairdo that is natural for it is the "mohawk" so we are going with it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment