Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wedding Planning

So, here I am in blog world joining siblings, relatives and friends in sharing things about life, some monumental, some not so monumental.

This first couple of blogs will be about what is consuming my free time for the next eight months... my wedding to my wonderful fiance Chris. I figured it would be a good place to post all of my ideas and share them with those that were (or were not) interested.

I am guessing that will be the extent of it for the next few months, but hopefully at some point I will get to comment on thoughts of life, work and everything else in between.

We are having our wedding in Milwaukee, where I grew up and we will be getting married at the church that my Mom and Step-Dad, where I spent most of my Junior high and High school years as well. I am still trying to decide what the actual ceremony will be like and if we will have any musicians or anything there. Our reception will be downtown at the Wisconsin Club and I can't wait! We are going to have a DJ there and the Wisconsin Club provides all of the catering so that will be nice.

So, without further ado, here is what I have decided on so far.

This is the general look and feel that I am trying to accomplish at the reception, so hopefully the linen company (BBJ Linens) will be able to help me out.

Here are some additional table settings, etc.





















I like the idea of using orchids at the church, two vases on the altar which will be used at the placecard and gift table of the reception:




















This is what I was thinking for my bouquet, some combo of ranunculus, white roses, cala lilies and maybe mums or dahlias...

















I am absolutely in love with this bouquet and am hoping to do some version of it for the Bridesmaids, and hopefully carry that through for the reception centerpieces as well, maybe in some square vases... or have vases with each seperate flower as in all burgundy cala lilies in one, dark red mums in another, roses in another... :

No comments:

Post a Comment