I had my second appointment today, at 8 wks 3 days, and our little bean has grown into a great big gummy bear.
I was really nervous going into my appointment because for the two days leading up to it, I had been feeling great – Morning sickness wasn’t as bad, and it seemed like the fatigue was lessening. That being said, I still had other symptoms, so the doctor wasn’t too concerned. (and of course ALL DAY Saturday I felt terrible)
We saw the baby, the yolk sak, you could see the little arms and legs starting to form and you could see the flutter of the heartbeat. I couldn’t believe how much he was moving. (I say he, cause throughout the appointment Chris kept saying “he”)
The doctor, who has a great sense of humor (is that weird to say that about your OB/GYN?), was teasing Chris and pointed at the ultrasound at the umbilical cord and said “It could be a boy”. On our walk out of the office the first thing Chris asked was “Was he serious?” I am still leaning towards not finding out, but I am not sure if I will be able to do that through the whole pregnancy, we will see.
We got a special treat and the doctor, as he said “we spent so much money on this thing we have to use it” suddenly turned on the 3D functionality of the ultrasound machine. It was amazing how you could really see the shape of the head, body and forming limbs.
Anyways, little bean, now gummy bear, is measuring a couple of days ahead, but kept my due date at 03/05/11, although, my doctor did say that since it is my first I should plan to go 7 to 10 days past that so maybe I will tell everyone 03/15/11!
We heard the heartbeat again at 167, I don’t think I will ever get over how amazing that is!
No comments:
Post a Comment