Tuesday, August 16, 2011

5 Months




Hard to believe how fast the time is flying and I am truly enjoying every minute of it. Month five marked a number of milestones.

Elena finally rolled over... from front to back and back to front. And now there is no stopping her... the other day she rolled back and forth for 30 minutes (and then slept 11 hours that night, so I am not complaining).

We started solid foods and so far Elena has loved rice cereal, avocado, peas and pears. She has gotten more and more interested in food and stares at me while I eat, not to mention reaches for my water glass constantly. We've let her try a few sips and she is really good at it, so I don't think we will have much of an issue switching to a sippy cup at six months.

Elena's personality is truly starting to shine through, she really is quite the ham. A week or so ago she spent most of her days sticking her tongue out. She giggles all of the time and is thoroughly entertained by the noises and theatrics that her parents come up with. She's been able to self entertain herself, which is nice, but she definitely lets you know that she wants to be the center of attention and will "talk" to you / yelp at you if you aren't paying enough attention.

We had Elena baptized this month as well and it was truly a lovely baptism and I felt so blessed to have so many of our family and some wonderful friends there to celebrate the occasion as well. I truly believe that "it takes a village" and feel so very fortunate that Elena is surrounded by so much love.



1 comment:

  1. YAY!!! Auntie Beth is SO excited to see Elena again and all her progress!! :)

    ReplyDelete