Sunday, September 11, 2011

A meal in pictures

So we have been talking about doing a lobster boil for some time now, being that Chris is from Boston (as is his best friend)... and we finally got around to it. After researching we found out the following:
1- Submerge lobsters in an ice bath
2- Boil water
3- Put lobsters in head first
4- Boil for 14 minutes (for 1.25 lb lobsters)

Sounds easy right?
We found that the above was pretty easy but learned that
1- Watch out for the tail when you submerge the lobster into the boiling water
2- A big kettle is best for this, but we made do and there were no injuries to report

I set the stage... notice the baby highchair that is now a fixture at our table



I got all of the necessary "tools"



We played with the Lobsters (that is part of it right?)





We set the water to boil, each lobster had their own spa, as I was calling them







We got them out





We ate!!!


1 comment: