I used to wonder what I would do when I grow up, and while I still don't even know that answer for myself, I find myself already wondering what Elena will "be" when she grows up. If present day behavior is any indication, she has a lot of future potential careers, to name a few:
Demolition Contractor - one of Elena's favorite pastimes is knocking over block towers. She comes towards them with her drunken steps and in a godzilla like manner clobbers them down and giggles with glee. To date, she hasn't been focused on any sort of rebuilding, but I am hoping that comes with time...
Editor or Publisher - Enthralled with books and turning pages back and forth, examining the cover and rotating books this way and that, she seems to be assessing their worth and their ability to "sell" on the shelves.
Foodie - Whether she is a food writer or review critic, I can only hope that her delight in food continues. From Indian, to Mexican to Thai, she is loving anything I put in front of her and I have high hopes she will continue to be an adventurous eater with her parents.
Italian Mafia Member - See above comment re food, Elena has never met a food smothered in red sauce that she didn't like. In fact, when I take too long to serve some up, she is sure to grunt and remind me to keep the food coming.
Closet Organizer - Elena is particularly fond of hanging out in tiny nooks and crannies and also loves putting things away... we are still working on the "right" place to put things ("no no Elena the toilet paper goes in the bathroom not the closet... and down the hallway... and in your room") but you get the general idea.
Stand Up Comedian - From giggles of laughter at physical comedy antics such as pretending to hit herself on the head, to making funny faces, Elena is always out for a laugh and looking for laughter to surround her wherever she goes.
Engineer - Elena is so good with her hands, loves putting things together and taking them apart, and I can see her turning objects over in her hands, and examining them as if to figure out how they work.
TV Producer or Couch Potato - Despite her mom's efforts to keep the TV off, she still does see it on and has been known to pick up the remote and point it at the TV as if to get it to work, thankfully she doesn't really know the difference or care if the TV is off or on (yet)
Mail Delivery Person - A favorite evening activity is getting the mail, "sorting" it, and of course ripping it to shreds.
Fashionista - Elena is already picking out her outfits in the morning and she is certainly telling me what she can and can't wear. This morning was a perfect example - I tried to put socks on under her sandals to keep her feet warm, and she let me know in no uncertain terms that this was not acceptable. Thankfully, after removing the socks and putting the sandals back on her feet, the protests subsided, despite her now drafty feet.
Magician - While seated Elena loves to spin around on her bottom, I am not sure if she is trying to disappear to her special place or if she merely thinks that she is hiding whatever forbidden item is in her hands, but either way, she acts as if she has some tricks up her sleeve.
Dancer - You haven't really lived until you have seen Elena's signature head bop while sitting move, or even better her booty bump, she truly could have a dancing career in her future.
I am sure there are many more and I know that whatever she decides to do someday, she will be amazing at and I will be proud of her.
Hahah, I love this! What a personality. It's wonderful that she's already making her own style. It's clear the apple isn't falling far from the tree... xoxox
ReplyDeletegosh you have a lot more foresight than i do as a mama...i look at kieran and say "i hope we can live til tomorrow with all the rough-housing and tumbling you're doing lately, little man"
ReplyDelete