We got a glimpse into the true joy that comes with holidays and children this Easter. Elena was more into the activities than she was at Christmas, and it was so fun to see her start to understand things, and while she is too young to understand what this day is really about, she definitely embraced some of the traditions that go along with Easter.

The night before Easter we set out a carrot for the Easter Bunny and her basket. I can't say that I necessarily remember doing this growing up, but this is one of those times when having a grandma around makes the events so much more fun. I can say that it was absolutely hilarious seeing Elena trying to take a bite of the carrot - considering that she has about as many teeth as a rabbit I must tell you that it was a classic sight.
When it came time for her Easter basket and the Easter egg hunt the following day, she was ready. She pulled everything out of her Easter basket and enjoyed shaking the eggs. Then we headed outside during a break in the windy spring day (coatless?!?!?) to commence the egg hunt. As soon as we got outside I pointed out one of the eggs, she walked towards it and picked it up. I pointed towards her Easter basket and she got the message loud and clear. With that first egg safely deposited, Elena was truly on the prowl. She picked up all 2 dozen candy filled eggs, and by the end of it was dragging her Easter basket with her winnings around the backyard.

Hopefully she will embrace the importance of this day as much as she embraces the candy... but something tells me it will be a while before we are at that point.
great pics, becs! soo cute! i love that she was into the egg hunt!
ReplyDelete