
Dear Baby Girl,
I love you so much and I can't even imagine how my life seemed full without you before you were here. It is hard to imagine what life was like before you were born and how it could have ever felt as complete.
With every passing day I learn something new from you and am so thankful for your presence in our life. You have taught me how to not worry about the small things and the messiness that is life. I have learned to embrace each moment, to revel in it, and to appreciate it. Thank you for that.
As you turn one, I look back on the past year together as a family and am so proud of everything you have been able to accomplish in such a short time. You have grown from a small beautiful baby into an adventurous toddler who is full of personality. From sitting, to crawling, to walking; every milestone has been an event, a pin point in time, and you have done so well.
I love that I am seeing the true Elena come out - you are so full of personality already that it amazes me. From your sense of humor, to your infectious laugh, to the smile that is always on your face - you are sure to light up my day, and that of those around you.
Your independence streak is brightly shining as each day you try to master a new task, whether it is walking, climbing, using utensils or trying to figure out how every little thing works - you want to do everything on your own. I am so proud to see that you have that independence, but also love that you still let me help (sometimes).
You are so very social and love to "talk" or babble at every one you meet. At the park and in restaurants we have come to know you as "the mayor" as you love to greet everyone and tell them a story or too. Your sociability definitely shines when we come across a dog - we always end up meeting the owners as you giggle, smile and pet their dog. It amazes me how you have already fallen in love with animals and I hope that you continue to embrace things that are new and different as you grow older.
I can't wait to see what the coming days, months and years hold and can't wait to continue on this adventure of life with you.
Love,
Mama
I can't wait to see what the coming days, months and years hold and can't wait to continue on this adventure of life with you.
Love,
Mama
What a beautiful letter to your babe! She is so lucky to have such a wonderful mama and dadda!
ReplyDelete