So, we finally made the plunge and signed Elena up for daycare, it wasn't when we wanted to make the decision, or how we wanted to make the decision, but looking back on it a week later, it was the right decision.
I didn't think so at first... the whole weekend prior to her starting I was second guessing the decision, feeling guilty about leaving the nanny without a job if she ever made it back and was feeling forced into daycare a few months before we had envisioned starting that next phase.
Of course, it also didn't help when we pulled up to the daycare that first morning to do a two hour test run with Elena. It was a normal Monday morning, one of the colder ones this winter, but nothing too abnormal for this time of year. As we pulled into the parking lot I commented to Chris that it seemed like an awfully slow morning as there was only one car in the parking lot. As we approached the front door, the Director opened it and was still in his coat, his scarf pulled tightly around his neck and his hat on... he proceeded to apologize profusely and to let us know that the center had lost power and expected it to be back on in a few hours. (apparently he called my work number, not very helpful or informative)... Needless to say, not the way I invisioned the first day going. The ride home to the house was fully of me second guessing and wondering if this was "a sign".
A few hours later, we returned, Elena met her new friends and from there things were much smoother. She had a wonderful first week and her teachers were so impressed with her transition and said that all of the kids enjoyed welcoming her to the class. I definitely think that the whole event was more difficult on me than on her, welcome to motherhood.
Elena's feelings on daycare can best be recapped by the below video:
I am so proud of her ;)
oooooh it won't let me view the video - it's says it's PRIVATE! ???
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I'm proud of you mama. You made it and Elena, of course, did wonderfully! Take a big deep breath and give yourself a big pat on the back....this was a BIG two months for you! PHEW!
I think I fixed it ;)
ReplyDelete