This pregnancy has been a bit more of a whirlwind than I expected from my experience of my first. From 20 weeks on I have been much monitored and had way more appointments than I ever would have imagined as they were worried that I had IUGR. (intrauterine growth restriction). Since that 20 week appointment, there have been the fair shares of ups and downs. We went from 35th percentile at 20 weeks as low as 15th percentile at 34 weeks only for Baby Girl to gain 2 pounds in three weeks and reaching the 21st percentile at 37 weeks. All the ultrasounds, NSTs, biophysical profile tests, etc. will all be worth it when I have a healthy happy baby girl in my arms.
I have continued to try and keep a positive outlook on things, to remind myself that Elena wasn't a huge baby (and was a week overdue) and to keep stress at a minimum as I know that won't help matters. With work fully transitioned this week, I am taking a few days to just enjoy the pregnancy and the last few days of our family of three.
And... with my due date coming this weekend, and having made it past not only full-term but the 39 week mark, I am finally allowing myself to cautiously breathe a sigh of relief. I am finally feeling ok about the pregnancy and just keeping my fingers crossed that for all the problems and stress during the pregnancy, that the delivery will be much smoother. I just can't wait to hold my new baby in my arms.
I have continued to try and keep a positive outlook on things, to remind myself that Elena wasn't a huge baby (and was a week overdue) and to keep stress at a minimum as I know that won't help matters. With work fully transitioned this week, I am taking a few days to just enjoy the pregnancy and the last few days of our family of three.
And... with my due date coming this weekend, and having made it past not only full-term but the 39 week mark, I am finally allowing myself to cautiously breathe a sigh of relief. I am finally feeling ok about the pregnancy and just keeping my fingers crossed that for all the problems and stress during the pregnancy, that the delivery will be much smoother. I just can't wait to hold my new baby in my arms.
No comments:
Post a Comment