Monday, June 2, 2014

One Month

My peanut is one month old!

We made it through the one month mark - can't believe how fast the time is flying - even when I know to soak it all in from how fast things went with Elena.

Hannah is an amazing baby, very laid back and already learning to share her time with mama (a lesson her older sister needs much more help with). She is already so active, I can hardly believe it. From practically her first week at home she rolled onto her side. She is in a state of constant movement, lifting her head, turning each direction, and kicking her legs. She loves to have her hands close to her face and it reminds me of so many of the ultrasound pictures, so I am sure it is a real comfort for her.

She is a really good sleeper, and even with how much she moves, I can tell that she wouldn't want to be restricted so we aren't swaddling her (one less thing to break her of).

She is eating about every 2 hours during the day and 3-4 hours at night, so we are considering ourselves pretty lucky. Hannah was back slightly over her birth weight at 2 weeks and at her one month check up weighed in at 7 lbs 9 oz and measured 20.75 inches so she is growing well.

Hannah's eyes have turned a beautiful shade of blue and they are still as big as ever, they really pop and I love watching her gaze around and I can tell how much she is soaking everything in and learning. She is doing a great job at tracking as well, and her favorite thing is to watch her sister run around and be silly.

Her rosebud lips are still beautiful and pink as the day she was born and I love watching her trying and form words and sounds - she is already trying to talk. (a much needed skill to make it in the Brokmeier household). Every once in a while she has this squawk like she is almost yelling at me, it is hard not to laugh, but I am proud of her for asking for attention (something the youngest must learn from day one)

She is also smiling from ear to ear at this point, which is so great to see. The sound of my voice, seeing her sister and being talked to by her dad bring a smile across her face (or it could be gas, LOL).

We haven't quite gotten into a routine yet, but I am giving us all time to adjust into our new life as a family of four.

 

1 comment:

  1. You are doing such an amazing job, mama! And don't worry, while the fall from grace is hard, Elena will settle into her big sister role of sharing Mama soon!!

    ReplyDelete