I know this - I know how fast the time goes - I know how precious each moment is - I only wish I could slow them down. I am trying so hard to soak up all the moments and the memories and hope that they are forever in my mind and heart.
Hannah has hit the two month mark and her personality continues to emerge. Her personality is very laid back and happy. She is sleeping well, giving me a 6-8 hour stretch every night since hitting the 6 week mark and her days are full of activity. She always seems to be in motion. She is kicking her legs, moving her arms and watching everything around her. I can see her processing everything and soaking it all in. (It also makes for some interesting diaper changes as she is quite the squirmer). She already rolls onto her side and I think she will be an early roller, she seems so active. Her face lights up and she is quick to smile when she sees a friendly face. It melts my heart every time I see that wide grin and especially when the grin is exchanged between her and her sister. I can already see the love between them and it is truly precious.
I am trying to soak in all the small moments and hope to never forget:
The weight of her little 9 lb 7 oz body on me as she drifts to sleep
The way she loves to lift up her head and look over my shoulder to see the world as we walk around
How much she enjoys being outside and how you can see she is truly at peace with the breeze and the sounds of summer
How her eyebrows lift up and her mouth flirts with a smile as she sleeps
How much she loves her hands and will pull them up to her face to examine them and the delight when she gets a knuckle into her mouth
The little coos she makes and how she is already trying to talk
The loud and abrupt squeak she makes when she is bored or hungry - as if to say "hey, don't forget about the second child" - it cracks me up every time. And speaking of - there she is - back to playing :)
Hannah has hit the two month mark and her personality continues to emerge. Her personality is very laid back and happy. She is sleeping well, giving me a 6-8 hour stretch every night since hitting the 6 week mark and her days are full of activity. She always seems to be in motion. She is kicking her legs, moving her arms and watching everything around her. I can see her processing everything and soaking it all in. (It also makes for some interesting diaper changes as she is quite the squirmer). She already rolls onto her side and I think she will be an early roller, she seems so active. Her face lights up and she is quick to smile when she sees a friendly face. It melts my heart every time I see that wide grin and especially when the grin is exchanged between her and her sister. I can already see the love between them and it is truly precious.
I am trying to soak in all the small moments and hope to never forget:
The weight of her little 9 lb 7 oz body on me as she drifts to sleep
The way she loves to lift up her head and look over my shoulder to see the world as we walk around
How much she enjoys being outside and how you can see she is truly at peace with the breeze and the sounds of summer
How her eyebrows lift up and her mouth flirts with a smile as she sleeps
How much she loves her hands and will pull them up to her face to examine them and the delight when she gets a knuckle into her mouth
The little coos she makes and how she is already trying to talk
The loud and abrupt squeak she makes when she is bored or hungry - as if to say "hey, don't forget about the second child" - it cracks me up every time. And speaking of - there she is - back to playing :)
No comments:
Post a Comment