Happy Three months Hannah!
I can't believe that my maternity leave is coming to an end and that Hannah is three months old! She continues to be such a joy and a wonderful, happy baby. She has been sleeping 8-10 hour stretches at night, giving me much needed rest and is napping well during the day as well. I am beginning to see both her schedule as well as her personality emerge.
She lights up and smiles upon seeing her sister, or me or her Dad. This month also has brought wonderful baby giggles. It is so funny to hear her laugh and is truly one of the best sounds. She continues to be quite the "talker" - cooing and murmuring in the midst of our conversations and becoming even more animated and talking when spoken to directly.
We are still working on tummy time and she is finally learning to push herself up rather than just lay there content on her belly with her head down. She is still so strong though and is standing up (assisted) and can sit easily against the couch/when propped up. Her favorite spot though is still being held over my shoulder where she gets a new view of the world. I can also tell how much she has grown because there isn't as much room to prop her up against my folded knees.
We found a wonderful nanny, Maria, and I know that she will shower Hannah (and Elena) with love and care for her as if she were one of her own. I am facing maternity leave with a mixture of emotions, I am excited to get into our new routine and to have an adult outlet, but will miss these carefree days of summer with both my girls. In the end, I know it will be a tough transition, but I am happy that I can set this example for my girls. (and hopefully I can remember all of this when I am working through the transition back to work)
I can't believe that my maternity leave is coming to an end and that Hannah is three months old! She continues to be such a joy and a wonderful, happy baby. She has been sleeping 8-10 hour stretches at night, giving me much needed rest and is napping well during the day as well. I am beginning to see both her schedule as well as her personality emerge.
She lights up and smiles upon seeing her sister, or me or her Dad. This month also has brought wonderful baby giggles. It is so funny to hear her laugh and is truly one of the best sounds. She continues to be quite the "talker" - cooing and murmuring in the midst of our conversations and becoming even more animated and talking when spoken to directly.
We are still working on tummy time and she is finally learning to push herself up rather than just lay there content on her belly with her head down. She is still so strong though and is standing up (assisted) and can sit easily against the couch/when propped up. Her favorite spot though is still being held over my shoulder where she gets a new view of the world. I can also tell how much she has grown because there isn't as much room to prop her up against my folded knees.
We found a wonderful nanny, Maria, and I know that she will shower Hannah (and Elena) with love and care for her as if she were one of her own. I am facing maternity leave with a mixture of emotions, I am excited to get into our new routine and to have an adult outlet, but will miss these carefree days of summer with both my girls. In the end, I know it will be a tough transition, but I am happy that I can set this example for my girls. (and hopefully I can remember all of this when I am working through the transition back to work)
No comments:
Post a Comment