My little peanut is growing, four months old and she has more than doubled her birth weight and has grown six inches. Hannah is now 24.5 inches and 13 lbs 4 oz. She is growing like a weed and I am so excited that she has jumped up to the 50th and 25th percentiles, respectively, nice to be out of the 10th percentiles and letting me breathe a little easier.
Hannah continues to amaze me, she is so alert and I can see that she is soaking every thing up and learning new things every moment. Her face lights up when anyone she knows enters the room and she loves following around her sister.
Every day she is getting stronger, she loves trying to sit up and her favorite things is standing up (with help of course). Before too long I think she will be sitting up by herself. She also lifts her legs and takes a few "steps" when she is standing up - hopefully she will hold off on walking though.
Her new thing over the last few days is that she has started sticking her tongue out, it is really quite cute and cracks me up every time (which is maybe why she keeps doing it).
Hannah loves to sit with us at the dinner table, so much so that over the last month she hase started to express an interest in food. As we sit down to eat, the drool starts to come and she stares, transfixed, watching everyone eat. More recently she has started getting upset and trying to eat her fist (aggressively). I spoke with the pediatrician and due to her "early signs of readiness" we have tried a couple of tiny bites of food at dinnertime. So far she has had banana, avocado and apple sauce - and all were a hit. Hannah grabs the spoon and tries to feed herself - which should make things interesting when we have to really start getting serious about food.
Four months also, sadly, marked my return to work. I was so thankful for the time home with Hannah to bond and the memories that were made and miss her deeply while I am away. So far, she continues to be a champ with the bottle and things are going well. She did start waking up a bit more at night, but I am hopeful that soon enough we will settle back into our routine and she will be back sleeping some more (this mama needs her rest)!
Hannah continues to amaze me, she is so alert and I can see that she is soaking every thing up and learning new things every moment. Her face lights up when anyone she knows enters the room and she loves following around her sister.
Every day she is getting stronger, she loves trying to sit up and her favorite things is standing up (with help of course). Before too long I think she will be sitting up by herself. She also lifts her legs and takes a few "steps" when she is standing up - hopefully she will hold off on walking though.
Her new thing over the last few days is that she has started sticking her tongue out, it is really quite cute and cracks me up every time (which is maybe why she keeps doing it).
Hannah loves to sit with us at the dinner table, so much so that over the last month she hase started to express an interest in food. As we sit down to eat, the drool starts to come and she stares, transfixed, watching everyone eat. More recently she has started getting upset and trying to eat her fist (aggressively). I spoke with the pediatrician and due to her "early signs of readiness" we have tried a couple of tiny bites of food at dinnertime. So far she has had banana, avocado and apple sauce - and all were a hit. Hannah grabs the spoon and tries to feed herself - which should make things interesting when we have to really start getting serious about food.
Four months also, sadly, marked my return to work. I was so thankful for the time home with Hannah to bond and the memories that were made and miss her deeply while I am away. So far, she continues to be a champ with the bottle and things are going well. She did start waking up a bit more at night, but I am hopeful that soon enough we will settle back into our routine and she will be back sleeping some more (this mama needs her rest)!
Hannah is so amazing. What a little love bug. It's so fun to watch her watch her sister! Love!
ReplyDelete