Monday, January 24, 2011

Names?!?!?!

So I think we have narrowed down the boy names, but girl names are sooo much harder for me. I have a list, but nothing is really grabbing me and we aren't totally in love with any of them.

Since we can't come up with a girl name I am convinced that it means one of two things:
1 - We aren't having a girl so my subconscious doesn't even want to bother with it
OR
2 - We actually are having a girl and the permanence of a name and what my unborn daughter will say or do once she is old enough to speak terrifies me in that I will disappoint her and that she will wonder how her parents could have been so cruel to choose such a name for her

Now, why this is an issue with girl names and boy names - I have no idea. Perhaps it is because it is harder to find a girl name that will work perfectly both as a child and an adult.

Some of the ones that are still on the list and that Chris hasn't booted for some reason (aka my friend's dog is named that and she hates me or that reminds me of a stripper, yes I know... classy) are:

Anna
Brynn
Callie
Corynn
Elise
Emily
Erika
Hannah
Harper
Kayla
Kendall
Leah
Morgan

Now, we like Elizabeth for a middle name (which works for all of these except for Elise... which we would probably use either Anne, my old middle name, or Ewing)

I realize I am walking on the wild side sharing these, but I am interested if people have any favorites or suggestions... if you loathe someone with one of these names - please abide by what we learned in Kindergarten and if you don't have anything nice to say... don't say anything at all.

4 comments:

  1. Hello: where is Kimberly on your list?
    :)
    Kidding!

    I absolutely LOVE the name Harper and it's totally not on our list (like that really matters but if you were wondering).
    Also love Hannah--that is our niece's name and hey, it's the same whether its spelled forward or backwards- got to love that! And you can't shorten it. Unless you call her "han" or 'Nah". Not likely.

    I just realized I was essentially about to tell you why I loved all of your names. I am not going to be at all helpful in this. I can see why you are having a hard time.

    How about I offer this: if you start leaning towards one of your names, simply call me and I will tell you all the good things about that name and why you should pick it.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly - you're awesome (and you were the inspiration for this post since we just talked about it) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, love Harper and Elise and Corynn...really, you can't go wrong with any of these. You can always bring your list to the hospital and then wait to see which one you feel best fits your son or daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many good names -- I especially like Elise (that would have been our daughter's name possibly) and Kayla....
    Kayla and Kieran would be such great friends! :)
    haha....
    Brynn and Harper are also great names...
    I'm sure you have looked into the meanings? Any that stick out as far as that goes?
    You can't go wrong, they are great!
    Oh, how would you pronounce Callie?
    CAL-LEE?
    I like it!

    ReplyDelete