How did I get here, how is it that in one month (give or take a week) I will have a newborn! I am so excited, thrilled, overwhelmed, scared and hopeful. So many emotions. I can't wait to meet the baby and to find out if it is a boy or a girl. I am so glad that we waited to find out, the anticipation has been so much fun and I can't wait to experience one of life's greatest surprises!
The last month or so of pregnancy has been pretty uneventful.
To recap:
29 weeks: lots of movement still, enjoying being pregnant
30-31 weeks - discovered heartburn, embraced Tums
32 weeks - lots of hiccups (1-3 times a day almost)
33/34 weeks - feeling nauseous, think it is from running out of room / having my stomach squished. I really can't complain though since I had no morning sickness.
35/36 weeks - no more nauseau, but it is getting harder to put my socks on etc. I had an appt at 35.5 weeks, heartbeat was in the 140s and growth ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday!
Total weight gain: 26 pounds total
Maternity clothes: Loving maternity pants, and the few work tops I have - otherwise living in non-maternity dresses and tunic sweaters
Sleep: Definitely tossing and turning more, and getting up twice to use the bathroom
Movement: Still lots of movement, trying to figure out which position little one is in, I have no idea
Labor Signs: None, very occassional Braxton Hicks contractions (usually after walking/working out)
Belly Button/Stretch Marks: Belly button is flat when I lay down, but kind of pokes out on the top half when standing, Chris calls it my sinister belly button, I think it looks like it is holding on for dear life. No stretch marks (fingers crossed!)
What I miss: Sleeping through the night, not likely to happen anytime soon, LOL!
What I am looking forward to: having this baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment