
(Borrowed pic from online newsite)
Well, it came and it conquered - the snowstorm that is. As the weathermen and newscasters went on for days and days about the pending snowstorms, many Midwesterners merely shook their heads and said - "we've heard this before" or "I'll believe it when I see it". Surely now, with 18-24 inches of snow covering the Chicagoland area, and drifts up to six feet high - the locals have both seen and been forced to believe it. The snow started at 3 pm or so on Tuesday and continued until about noon today, stranding many motorists on Lake Shore drive for as long as twelve hours. I am sure they were thinking to themselves that they wished they had listened to all of the snow blizzard hype. I was fortunate enough to get home by 2 pm and avoid the parking lot that Lake Shore Drive turned into. It was a good thing too, since they closed it at 8 pm, forcing motorists to abandon their vehicles, and it is still not reopened 18 hours later.
As the snow stopped, and the sun came out, Chris went out to shovel us out and we decided to explore a bit (and by explore for me I mean walk around the block). Here are some of the images from around the neighborhood.
Our driveway and our downstairs neighbors (who don't have a garage spot)
Chris and our pathway to our garage that he dug out
Eight months + pregnant and the pile of snow on our street

Chris stuck in a snowpile in our alley

Our street
Wow! Kudos to the shoveling maniac!
ReplyDeleteI am just super impressed you braved going outside!
ReplyDeleteThe pics are amazing! Chris did a rad shoveling job. I hope post-walk you had some hot chocolate with one marshmallow... per inch of snow! Way to take on the snow drifts!! xoxo
ReplyDelete