Saturday, February 12, 2011

Full Term

Well, I made it, 37 weeks, which is considered "full term". I still want little one to stay in there, cook longer and stay healthy. Frankly I have so much to do at work over the next few weeks, that I need the extra time. The nurery is almost complete, just a few minor tweaks, so I will have to post pics of that soon as well.

I had my 36.5 visit this week, which included a growth ultrasound.
Everything looked great. After measuring the head, stomach and femur, the baby is measuring in the 45th percentile at 2800 grams (or 6 pounds).
The heartbeat looked/sounded good (138) and the amount of amniotic fluid as well as the placement and thickness of the placenta looked good as well.
It was such a relief to finally "see" the baby again, as we hadn't had an ultrasound since the anatomy scan at 20 weeks. Although, it was really hard to tell what things were and Chris put it best when he said "I might as well be looking at the moon".
Little one is definitely running out of room in there, and as a result, you don't see much, but I could kind of decipher a few things and seeing the heartbeat is always reassuring.
The baby is currently head down (WOOOHOOO!) and is facing my right hip (which makes sense since I have felt like the baby has been poking or hanging on to my right pelvic bone the past week, LOL).
I got my test results and I am negative for Group B Strep and I am also not anemic, so all in a fantastic appointment!



1 comment:

  1. Hooray! SO happy to hear all is well with you and the babe! Such cute photos, too!

    ReplyDelete