
It just keeps getting better and better.
I am loving seeing Elena recognize, respond and interact with the world that she sees around her.
She is starting to vocalize even more and clearly understands the role of language. With that, she wants my full attention when talking and will get frustrated if I am on the phone and not talking/focusing only on her. She is also showing more emotions and is laughing more in response to silliness and tickling. I am starting to see her personality shine through with her goofiness as well as her contemplative nature.
WIth the help of the nanny and going back to work, we really have a schedule down. I can now say that I feel very confident in Elena's eating and sleeping schedule. She is taking two naps a day (with little or no fussing) and is still going to bed well at night. Her typical schedule is awake at 6:30, nap from 8:30 to 10:30, nap from 1 to 3 and then bedtime around 7 or so.
Elena is also able to entertain self and will stare it her hands, pick up objects, grab at things and practice rolling on her side. She is loving the new jumperoo that we got her, and while she doesn't quite have the bouncy down it will come. This self entertainment has made for much happier mornings and after some naps, frequently I walk in and she is entertaining herself and I am greeted with a smile, those are some of my favorite days.

Elena is definitely fully in the oral stage, everything goes in her mouth, especially her hands and blankets. Lately she has been chewing on her right pointer finger and almost pulling on her mouth, I have been checking for teeth and don't see any yet, but with how she is acting it wouldn't surprise me.
Finally, Elena is much better at tummy time and doing lots of mini push ups. She also makes the swimming motion moving her arms and legs when she is on her stomach.
I can't believe how fast she is growing and she is even sitting up with minimal support in the corner of the couch, in chairs, on my lap, etc. I am excited for her to be sitting up on her own.

We had her four month doctor appointment
Stats:
13 pounds 12 oz (50th percentile)
25.5 inches (90-95th percentile)
16.75 head circumference (95th percentile)
This time Elena had a bit more fussiness the day after the shots, a slight raised temperature (99.3) and the injection sights were red and a little puffy. I felt so bad for her, but 48 hours later she seems so much better!
She is such a cutie. Was great to see her smile (and yours too) in person today!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics, Becca!!! xoxo
ReplyDelete