Thursday, July 7, 2011

A day in the life of a working mom...

So when I thought about going back to work, I can't tell you that I was fully prepared for the reality of it and the logistics of how it would all go. With Chris traveling most weeks, my days and nights are pretty busy and my first week back really did fly by. I am a big fan of lists so I have scheduled out my days, and it is out of control!

5:45 am Awake, dress, makeup, etc.
6:45 am Elena up, change, dress, feed, playtime
7:45 am Leave the house with 3 bags in tow
8:00 am Drop off Elena, talk to nanny
8:30 am Work
9:30 am Pump
Noon Lunch/Pump
2:30 pm Pump
4:00 pm Target leaving work
4:30 pm Arrive at Nanny/Feed Elena
5:00 pm Home/Playtime
6:30 pm Skype with Chris
7:00 pm Bath/Feed/Bedtime
8:00 pm Alone time
9:30 pm Bed time


Yeah, that is my life.

I have been sticking to this so far... and other than HUGE screw up today, having some order to the day is helping. What is the huge screw up you may ask... Guess who packed up all three bags for the day (briefcase, Elena's diaper bag, and pump bag) and FORGOT TO TAKE THE PUMP OFF THE CHARGER?!??! So, the above schedule had to be adjusted for a 45 minute roundtrip to get the pump from home... yeah... won't make that mistake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment