Thursday, February 2, 2012

Oh no, please don't say it is so...

I am fast realizing that as my baby turns into a toddler and soon enough a little girl, that I am just along for the ride. That I am here to support, love and guide her as she grows into the little being that she is meant to be. While many of these moments are full of laughter and good times, there are also times of discipline and then there are those that have me gazing out into the future wondering what I will do with her.

Today was that day. While playing and doing the things she does, she happened on a roll of duck tape, and of course entertained herself forever with it (why do we spend money on toys?!?!) Her most favorite use of the roll of duck tape was putting it onto her arm, twisting her wrist back and forth and stretching her arm towards me as if to say, look mom check out my ever so fashionable bracelet. Please, say it isn't so, don't say we have a budding girly girl in our midst.

Now, while I am primarily joking, I do have this fear in me that Elena will be the ultimate "girly girl". Growing up a bit of an athlete/tom boy myself, I have to admit that I don't know the first thing about braiding hair, among other things, and I worry that I will fall short in some way. There is already far more pink in my house at this moment then the total accumulation of all of my pink belongings thus far in my life. And while that is intimidating, I know that whether tom boy or girly girl, I will love and support her as much as I possibly can. (and hopefully she will forgive me for any shortcomings on my part along the way).

No comments:

Post a Comment