I can't believe it on so many levels.
One - that she took not one, but 5 steps in a row before falling into my arms and
Two - that both Chris and I were home to see this awesome milestone and to experience it as a family!
We had a very busy Saturday, complete with me running around and preparing for vacation.
Amongst hemming and hawing, I finally settled on one last errand and bought Elena some "pre-walker" robeez sandals that were supposed to promote learning to walk and would protect her feet from the hot sand, etc.
Upon arriving home, I put them on her, with surprisingly minimal struggle, and then held onto her hand and walked her over to her dad. As I turned away to finish packing I heard Chris say my name and I turned around to see Elena take a few steps and then fall forward.
There was hugging, kissing and maybe a little twirling of our little girl, and then of course we had to repeat it for video:
Look out world we have a toddler!
No comments:
Post a Comment