I accomplished both the task of relaxation and accomplishing some items off of my 101 Things List today.
I headed to Joseph Alexander for a 90 minute swedish massage and a facial. The facial was a valentine's day gift from my husband. I was super excited because it was something I always wanted to try.
First up was the swedish massage. I typically get 60 minute massages, and was looking forward to the longer 90 minutes (especially since I had built up quite the knots since my last massage back in October. It was the first swedish massage I got from a Swedish man, and I did have to keep myself from giggling with the irony when he told me where he was from.
Next was the facial, most of which was very relaxing and moisturizing with the toner, cleanser, exfoliant, mask and steam. The one part I could definitely do without was what the attendant called "extraction". Yes, this is just as horrifying as it sounds. Not only is it slightly painful, but it was also somewhat mortifying to think of someone else basically removing whatever miniscule blackheads you had in your nose, chin or other T-zone related areas. It definitely ripped me out of my state of comfort. Thankfully, I was rewarded afterwards with another mask and a face"massage" of sorts before I was sent on my way to ponder and try and forget the pain I had just experienced... which I had to since I had a number of couples coming over for dinner and had to get everything together (details coming in a later post).
No comments:
Post a Comment