Today, is my birthday, but I find myself much more excited over being 5 months (23 weeks) along in the pregnancy. I can't wait for all of the joy (and the trials) that this next year are going to bring.
The pregnancy so far has continued to be pretty good, I definitely felt like I popped right at about 20 weeks and I could definitely see something, although it seems to take a while for others to catch on. I did get my first stranger, are you pregnant comment? - the lady at the pharmacy asked “Is that a itty bitty bun in the oven?” on October 28th but nothing since then…
One of the most exciting things of second trimester has been feeling more decisive movement. Around 21 weeks, the "flutters" that I had felt earlier definitely strengthened and I could begin to feel kicks, punches, butt bumps, whatever. I can't quite distinguish between head/foot/etc. but am definitely looking forward to that.
I think the pregnancy is becoming more real to Chris as well, because despite his growing wife, Chris has also experienced what is going on - he felt the first "kick" on October 26th at 3:30 am. Chicago had a crazy wind storm, and there was a historic drop in barometric pressure. Well, I guess the little one didn't like it because he/she was REALLY moving. So of course, I had to wake Chris up so he could see if he could feel it too - and he could. He was so excited and I was so happy he finally felt it.
Around 22 weeks, I have definitely felt patterns to movement. (4 am, 10 am, 2 pm and 8 pm) Which is crazy to me. I wonder if the outside baby will have the same patterns. Other than getting some headaches and finally getting more of that second trimester energy boost, everything seems to be progressing well.
At 23 weeks, ie this week, I really feel pregnant. And I am becoming that pregnant woman (you know the one - walking around with a hand on my stomach all the time, trying to feel connected to baby). I have also been talking more to the little one, as has Chris, which is hilarious and endearing at the same time. We are still trying to finalize names and have held out and not found out if it is a boy or a girl.
I have my Gestational diabetes test coming up in a little over a week and I am really hoping that goes well. My weight so far has been on track and I have been really trying to eat healthy and avoid sugars/unhealthy food - but I do splurge on the occassional brownie now and then. I also feel like I am starting to grow this baby in my butt as much as in my belly and have been feeling like my butt is HUGE lately... or maybe it is just this picture:
Here's one in the same dress as the four month pic:

Anyways...
I am definitely looking forward to meeting this little one.
Can't wait to check out the bump in person!! See you tomorrow and happy birthday again!!
ReplyDelete