Sunday, November 28, 2010

Third Trimester aka Stuffed Turkey

Well this weekend marked a lot of milestones, I surpassed the 99 day mark, moving into double digits, hit six months and entered the third trimester and am definitely feeling (and looking) pregnant! The larger bump may or may not have something to do with the massive amounts of Thanksgiving goodies and carbs that I consumed.

Either way, I am still feeling pretty good and not feeling uncomfortable (yet). My belly button is still hanging on, but I have a feeling that it isn’t going to hold out for much longer. I have also had one new symptom of pregnancy – heartburn. Well, I think it is heartburn, since I have actually never had it before… a warm/burning sensation in my upper chest and throat. I finally succumbed and took my first “drugs” as a pregnant lady – and tried out some Tums (with the Doctor’s approval). They seem to be helping, so that is a relief.

The little one is definitely moving around a lot more lately as well and the pattern of morning, late afternoon and late evening activity is continuing. It was so cool that my mom was able to feel the baby kicking this weekend, her face was priceless! My mom and I also had fun going through the keepsake boxes of my old clothes that my mom had. So cute to see all of the little things and there were a few that I definitely want to hand down to my daughter (if it’s a girl).

We are starting to narrow down names and are pretty much set on two choices for a boy and have two choices for a girl as well. Although, to be honest, I am not thrilled with the girl names yet, but I do like them. I don’t know why I am finding girl names so hard. This is the only time that I have really been tempted to find out the sex – so that I can either stop obsessing over girl names and move on, or know that I have to figure it out!

Chris is now fully convinced that the baby is a girl, he can’t explain why, but he just “knows” and says that whenever he thinks of the three of us together it is a girl. I am still not as confident one way or the other and don’t have a strong “feeling” but if I had to guess, I am thinking boy. Most people have been guessing boy, so that may have to do something as well. Either way, we will know for sure in a few months! (CRAZY!)

Here is the obligatory 26 week belly pic:

2 comments: