Monday, October 4, 2010

Dessert

We went to a pot luck / cook out on Sunday and while I brought something healthy (aka salad) I also brought something totally unhealthy and delicious. They seemed to be a hit (and Chris was sure to grab the leftovers, since we didn't have any at home, which is a good sign)

Let me present...
Oreo Balls



1 pkg. Oreos
1 8-oz pkg. cream cheese
1 pkg. almond bark (I used vanilla)

Twist Oreos and take apart.
Scrape cream from cookies and put into large bowl (I used my cuisinart mixer/bowl). Add cream cheese to the bowl and cream together the oreo cream and cream cheese.

Put remainder of cookies into a Ziploc and seal. Use a rolling pin to finely crush. (or use the food processor, which I did, worked SO well)

Add finely crushed cookies to the creamed mixture and stir.

Roll into 1-inch balls and chill (I let them chill in the fridge for a little over an hour).

Melt almond bark. (I did 10 oz of almond bark at a time, took about 2 and a half minutes in the microwave. I found that doing about half of the balls and dipping them at a time was a little less sloppy)

Dip cookie balls into almond bark and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet. (I used a metal toothpick for this, which worked awesome)

Makes about 3-4 dozen.

These definitely reminded me of cake balls and were fun to make.

PS I am not sure if it was the oreo balls or the baby, but I had to break out the bella band today with my work pants for the first time :)

1 comment:

  1. Yea for Oreo balls and yea for the bella band! :) I'm so glad you and Chris made it, as always, it's great to see you two! You look wonderful and we loved your dessert AND salad! Both were big hits! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete