Friday, October 15, 2010

Out of the closest

Well I am out of the closet, the pregnancy closet, so to speak at work. I told everyone on Thursday that I am 20 weeks pregnant by bringing in cupcakes… I didn’t want the attention (as my red face probably indicated) but working with all men I wanted to say something so that I didn’t make them feel awkward as my belly starts to grow and they wonder “is she?”.

Since I came out of the closet yesterday I wore something that was a little tighter in the belly region in an effort to embrace the belly. Although, the end result is that as I walk the office hallways and walk to work/lunch I am just getting these weird looks of “Is that a BEER belly or a BABY belly?!?!?”

On the upside, it is interesting to see how nice and friendly all the guys were to me today. Not that they are normally mean, but it is like being pregnant brings out the friendliness in people. I am definitely going to enjoy it while it lasts… and might even take advantage of it as I get further along and don’t want to walk down to get my lunch, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment