Thursday, October 14, 2010

Half baked!

Introducing Baby B!
Here is a profile pic from our 20 week Level II ultrasound:


And here is a 3D pic (she turned it on once to get this image), don't worry the plates in the skull are ok, the 3D imaging just makes it look a little wonky




How far along? 20 weeks

Total weight gain: I gained about 3-4 pounds in the last week for a total weight gain of 10 pounds or so. Yikes! Although, my doctor was happy because I had been a "slow gainer" for the first trimester

Maternity clothes? Sported a maternity dress (in my pic below). Other than that still in the normal pants with the bella band.

Sleep: I feel really lucky that I am sleeping fairly well. I am not uncomfortable yet and only get up once to pee (knock on wood).

Best moment this week: BIG ultrasound on Thursday, we got to see the little one for an hour! All of the measurements were good and little bean got a clean bill of health. It was so amazing to be able to see the nose and lips... and even the fingers and toes. He/She was sleeping for the first half hour of the ultrasound, so we got tons of close ups. Heartrate was 154, so higher than last time and the bean now weighs 11 oz.

Movement: Lots of fluttering. It seems like the bean is most active around 1-3 pm and then around 7-9 pm. It will be interesting to see if this activity is the same when the baby is born.

Gender: We made it through the 20 week ultrasound without finding out. As soon as we walked in, I told the tech that we weren't finding out so that I wouldn't be tempted at all. Chris is pretty convinced that it is a boy. In all honesty, I have no idea, but I have been saying girl, just so that Chris is prepared for that too!

Labor Signs: None

Belly Button in or out? Still in, but getting more shallow.

What I miss: Sushi.

What I am looking forward to: Registering and starting to get the nursery set up.

Weekly Wisdom: Soak in every moment and wonder of what is going on!

Milestones: Starting now, at 20 weeks the baby is measured from crown to heel. He/she is supposedly about 10 inches long (the size of a banana).

3 comments: