Highlights of the day were seeing the scuba diver feed the fish, rays, turtles and sharks in the main tank - made me really want to go scuba diving again. We got to check out the new oceanarium and I really enjoyed the underwater viewing tanks of the dolphins and beluga whales. We were there at just the right time, during the Fantasea show, so it was awesome to see what the performance from underwater looked like. The Fantasea show was interesting, a lot more artsy than it was in the past. They clearly used Fantasia the movie as inspiration and there was more performing and less explanation of the different animals.
I had a fun time using my camera and experimenting with the different functions on it. It was challenging to take clear shots through the glass, without a flash, in low light conditions while trying to get clear shots with no glare!
Some of my favorites are below:
I worked on a wide depth of field through glass for these frogs

I love tangs, and was happy to get focused just on a tang here with a shallow depth of field

These jelly fish were awesome, and it was a very low light situation and high glare/reflection, so it took a few shots
No comments:
Post a Comment