Anyways, we had quite the spread….
Served artichoke dip, bacon tomato cups aka little bites of heaven, veggie chili and pulled BBQ chicken (also had chips and salsa and chex mix set out and then a veggie tray and brownies that two guests brought)
With all the prep work, cleaning and cooking, I didn’t get a chance to snap any pics myself, but thought that I would share the recipes nonetheless
Pulled BBQ Chicken – Admittedly this was a total experiment, I had made pulled BBQ pork before, but never chicken. It turned out really well and everyone enjoyed it. All I did was put 6 fresh chicken breasts in the crock pot, poured in enough BBQ sauce to cover the chicken and then set on High. About 3 ½ hours later, I checked it and it seemed to be shredding easily so I used a slotted spoon to pull out the chicken and transferred it to a bowl to shred. I just used two forks and it pulled apart easily. I then put the shredded chicken back in the sauce and set on low for another 30 min to an hour before serving. I should have probably taken some of the sauce out before putting back in to avoid it getting too soggy.
Artichoke dip was a piece of cake – simply take one can of quartered artichoke hearts (make sure that you drain and dry them), mix in 1 cup mayo, 1 cup parmesan and 1 cup mozzarella, stir and put in shallow baking dish, cook on 350 until the top is bubbly, for my oven it was about 15 minutes
Little Bites of Heaven (Bacon Tomato Cups) – these were a huge hit with everyone and I tweaked the recipe slightly, so I will share it below, this makes about 48 mini bites and they freeze well (about twenty of them are in my freezer now for a later party)
Ingredients
8 slices bacon
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
3 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon dried basil
2 (16 ounce) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuit dough
Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a mini muffin pan.
In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until evenly brown. Drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon into a medium mixing bowl, and mix with tomato, onion, Swiss cheese, mayonnaise and basil.
Separate biscuits into thirds. Place each third into cups of the prepared mini muffin pan. Fill each biscuit half with the bacon mixture.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown

Enjoy!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletehmmm.. i commented but could not read my comment so then i tried t edit and then deleted--- oops! anyway k is awake now so i cant write again but i will be following!!
ReplyDelete