Wednesday, February 24, 2010

People Zoo

The airport is really a people zoo. I had a prime spot for people (animal) watching in the Ft Lauderdale airport on a recent business trip home. It was different from my normal business trips in that I was surrounded by kids, babies and their parents heading home from trips to the beach, Disney World, etc. rather than in the middle of the normal weary business travelers. I also, for once, had some time to sit at the gate rather than sprinting through the terminal.

While waiting, I made the observation that the airport is really a people zoo.
I saw a mom carrying things on both arms, her back and even around her neck… which rather much resembled a donkey
I saw parent after parent with their child secured against their chest, rather much like a kangaroo
I also saw the guy that normally picks up after the elephants or horses have paraded by (or maybe that was just a mom picking up the destruction her 2 year old left behind)
I even saw a jungle gym, or a dad who had run out of ways to entertain FOUR kids
All in all, it was entertaining, and loud… and out of the norm for a normal business Tuesday…
Or maybe I just noticed all of this because I have Babies on the Brain :)

1 comment:

  1. Babies on the brain? Why, however could that be, besides the fact that just about every female around you is either pregnant or a new mom?! :) Maybe you'll be checking a few things off your list sooner rather than later! ;)

    ReplyDelete