Monday, February 8, 2010

Thyme Chicken

Well, this recipe was good, although I renamed it Thyme Chicken instead of Raspberry-Balsamic Glazed Chicken… reason being that my husband was very wonderful and offered to help make dinner… and took on the task of prepping the chicken before it went into the pan… and used about 10 times the needed amount of Thyme… so it was more thyme crusted than a taste of thyme. Nevertheless, it was good, quick and easy… but next time I will tell him to lay off the thyme!

1 teaspoon vegetable oil
vegetable cooking spray
1/2 cup red onion
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon salt -- divided
4 4 ounce skinless boneless chicken breast halves
1/3 cup raspberry preserves
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon pepper

1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; saute 5 minutes.

2. Combine thyme and 1/4 teaspoon salt; sprinkle over chicken. Add chicken to skillet; saute 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.

3. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, preserves, vinegar, and pepper, stirring constantly until the preserves melt. Spoon raspberry sauce over chicken.

Yield: 4 servings of 1 chicken breast half and 2 Tbsp sauce. (sauce is very good, not as sweet as you would think with the jam, and you definitely taste the basalmic)



Per serving: 209 Calories (kcal); 3g Total Fat; (11% calories from fat); 27g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 66mg Cholesterol; 352mg Sodium

Side note: We used full 8 oz chicken breasts for the two boys, because the halves wouldn’t have filled them up… and they took about 10 minutes per side rather than 6 as the recipe indicates, and it came out well, very moist (even though I hate that word) and delicious!

2 comments:

  1. oooooooo, this one sounds delicious! Where are the pictures????

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys ate it too fast, before I could get a picture... I am going to have to figure out a strategy for getting a pic before the wolves dive in!
    P.S. I feel so awesome to have a follower and comments, LOL!

    ReplyDelete