Sunday, February 28, 2010

Obsessions

I tend to obsess over some things… I haven’t quite figured out why but it is definitely a pattern for me.
Some of these things are small, while some are major life decisions.
The most reoccurring obsessions seem to be of little or no importance, oddly enough.

For example, I went through a phase where I was obsessed with all things opal… opal rings, opal pendant, etc.
I wasn’t sure which type of opal I wanted or if I wanted a ring or a necklace.
I was going to splurge and get something with my bonus money, but after all of the hemming and hawing, I was sick of opals and never ended up with anything.

I am not sure if it is because I have a hard time finding just the right thing that I love and that will stand the tests of time or if it is because I just like the task of searching out that can’t be missed item.

More recently, as a home owner, these things have shifted to décor and paint colors. (I am not going to even re-hash the 100+ condos I looked at before finally finding the perfect one!)
I have been going around in circles for weeks, ok, ok, months…. to try and come up with a picture for our bedroom, as well as the guest room…
Finally I found something for both at Z Gallerie

For the Master Bedroom: (Which is called Success, had no idea until I found the picture online, but for some reason it made me chuckle… it reminds me of a sunrise)


For the Guest Bedroom:



Now it is on to paint colors for the Master Bedroom, Guest Bedroom and Den… I am thinking tan, sage green and blue grey respectively
Do you have any idea how many colors fall into these three categories???
Hopefully I can make a decision soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment