Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Being a kid again

We had a great trip to Six Flags on Sunday with some friends. It was funny to walk through the park and think back to when I was last there (in high school). Not much has changed and we definitely regressed to our teens as we ran around the park going on roller coaster after roller coaster. We must have planned the visit just right because there were barely any lines so we were able to hit every ride we wanted to with no more than a 15-20 minute wait. The adrenaline rush definitely got my heart going.

I was sad to see that Shockwave was gone, but from my memory, I think I am probably somewhat glad too since that ride really had a tendency to beat you up. I wish I had remembered that the same head banging occurred on Iron Wolf, that way we would have avoided it! As my friend said after getting off of Iron Wolf: “Well that was a mistake!”

The favorites of the group were Batman and the Raging Bull (with a close third to Viper the new wooden roller coaster).

The day after, back to reality and away from the teenage mentality, and fully aware of my 30 year old body I am reminded that I am OLD… my neck hurts… LOL

Here is Chris, acting like a 2 year old on the Wiggles ride… he is such a special boy…


1 comment: